Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
LAMP1 (C54H11) Rabbit mAb #3243
|W||H M Mk||Endogenous||42 (non-glycosylated), 90-120 (glycosylated)||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LAMP1 (C54H11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LAMP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Ser140 of human LAMP1.
Lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 and 2 (LAMP1 and LAMP2) are two abundant lysosomal membrane proteins (1,2). Both are transmembrane proteins and are heavily glycosylated at the amino-terminal luminal side of the lysosomal inner leaflet, which protects the proteins from proteolysis (3). The carboxy terminus of LAMP1 is exposed to the cytoplasm and contains a tyrosine sorting motif that targets LAMP to lysosomal membranes (4). LAMP1 and LAMP2 are 37% homologous in their protein sequences. Both LAMP1 and LAMP2 are involved in regulating lysosomal motility during lysosome-phagosome fusion and cholesterol trafficking (5,6).
- Eskelinen, E.L. et al. (2003) Trends Cell Biol 13, 137-45.
- Fukuda, M. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 21327-30.
- Kundra, R. and Kornfeld, S. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 31039-46.
- Rohrer, J. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 132, 565-76.
- Huynh, K.K. et al. (2007) EMBO J 26, 313-24.
- Eskelinen, E.L. et al. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 3132-45.
- Tong, Y. et al. (2012) Mol Neurodegener 7, 2. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.