Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
LAMP1 (C54H11) Rabbit mAb #3243
|3243S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3243||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Monkey||Endogenous||42 (non-glycosylated), 90-120 (glycosylated)||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
LAMP1 (C54H11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LAMP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Ser140 of human LAMP1.
Lysosome-associated membrane protein 1 and 2 (LAMP1 and LAMP2) are two abundant lysosomal membrane proteins (1,2). Both are transmembrane proteins and are heavily glycosylated at the amino-terminal luminal side of the lysosomal inner leaflet, which protects the proteins from proteolysis (3). The carboxy terminus of LAMP1 is exposed to the cytoplasm and contains a tyrosine sorting motif that targets LAMP to lysosomal membranes (4). LAMP1 and LAMP2 are 37% homologous in their protein sequences. Both LAMP1 and LAMP2 are involved in regulating lysosomal motility during lysosome-phagosome fusion and cholesterol trafficking (5,6).
- Eskelinen, E.L. et al. (2003) Trends Cell Biol 13, 137-45.
- Fukuda, M. (1991) J Biol Chem 266, 21327-30.
- Kundra, R. and Kornfeld, S. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 31039-46.
- Rohrer, J. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 132, 565-76.
- Huynh, K.K. et al. (2007) EMBO J 26, 313-24.
- Eskelinen, E.L. et al. (2004) Mol Biol Cell 15, 3132-45.
- Tong, Y. et al. (2012) Mol Neurodegener 7, 2. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.