Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Profilin-1 (C56B8) Rabbit mAb #3246
|W||H M R Hm Mk Dg||Endogenous||15||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Profilin-1 (C56B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total profilin-1 protein. The antibody may cross-react with profilin-2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human profilin-1.
The dynamic polymerization and depolymerization of actin filaments, a process governed by external and internal signaling events, is vital for cell motility (immune cell function, migration, invasion, metastasis, angiogenesis), cell division and adhesion. Among the many regulators of actin dynamics are profilins. Profilins are conserved actin binding proteins that affect the rate of actin polymerization by binding actin monomers and promoting the exchange of ADP for ATP (reviewed in 1). Profilins bind to proteins involved in the regulation of actin dynamics including palladin (2), dynamin-1 (3), VASP (4) and N-WASP (5). In mice, knockout of the ubiquitously expressed profilin-1 indicates that the protein is essential for embryonic development (6). Profilin-2 is primarily expressed in brain and functions in the regulation of neurite outgrowth (7), membrane trafficking and endocytosis (3). The recently cloned profilin-3 is expressed in kidney and testes (8).
- Witke, W. (2004) Trends Cell Biol 14, 461-9.
- Boukhelifa, M. et al. (2006) FEBS J 273, 26-33.
- Gareus, R. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 2803-11.
- Reinhard, M. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 1583-9.
- Suetsugu, S. et al. (1998) EMBO J 17, 6516-26.
- Witke, W. et al. (2001) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98, 3832-6.
- Da Silva, J.S. et al. (2003) J Cell Biol 162, 1267-79.
- Hu, E. et al. (2001) Exp Nephrol 9, 265-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3237 Profilin-1 Antibody
- 3313 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3312 Cofilin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.