Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
PKG-1 (C8A4) Rabbit mAb #3248
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PKG-1 (C8A4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PKG-1 protein, including both α and β isoforms. The antibody does not cross-react with PKG-2.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to cental residues of human PKG-1.
Cyclic GMP-dependent kinases (cGK/PKG) belong to the AGC family of serine/threonine protein kinases. In mammals, two genes encode PKG-1 and PKG-2. Alternative PKG-1 splicing yields α and β isoforms, which display tissue-specific expression patterns in humans (1). All PKG family members are activated by increased cellular cGMP, which binds to the enzyme's regulatory domain inducing a conformational change and leading to enzyme activation. cGMP levels are increased through the activation of guanylyl cyclases, a process known to occur in part through nitric oxide (NO) signaling (2).In addition to well established roles in platelet activation and smooth muscle relaxation (3), PKG signaling is important in many biological processes including cardiac contractility, axon guidance, bone growth, contraction of intestinal smooth muscle and erectile dysfunction (4).
- Orstavik, S. et al. (1997) Genomics 42, 311-8.
- Friebe, A. and Koesling, D. (2003) Circ Res 93, 96-105.
- Lincoln, T.M. et al. (2001) J Appl Physiol 91, 1421-30.
- Hofmann, F. et al. (2006) Physiol Rev 86, 1-23.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.