Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Flotillin-1 Antibody #3253
|3253S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3253||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||49||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Flotillin-1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total flotillin-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding residue surrounding Ile368 of human flotillin-1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Flotillins belong to a family of lipid raft-associated integral membrane proteins that carry a evolutionarily conserved domain called the prohibitin homology domain (PHB) (1). Flotillin members are ubiquitously expressed and located to non-caveolar microdomains (lipid rafts) on the cell plasma membrane where they support signal transduction and regulate lipid raft motility and localization (2-5). Two flotillin members have been described, flotillin-1 and flotillin-2. In addition to its colocalization with lipid rafts on the plasma membrane, flotillin-1 also has been found at compartments of the endocytic and autophagosomal pathways, such as recycling/late endosomes, the Golgi complex, as well as the nucleus (6,7). Flotillin-2 is mainly localized to the plasma membrane and is prevalent in cell-cell contact sites. However, overexpressed flotillin-2 has also been found in the late endosome (4,8,9). Both flotillin-1 and flotillin-2 are commonly used as lipid raft associated markers.
- Morrow, I.C. and Parton, R.G. (2005) Traffic 6, 725-40.
- Langhorst, M.F. et al. (2005) Cell Mol Life Sci 62, 2228-40.
- Stuermer, C.A. and Plattner, H. (2005) Biochem Soc Symp , 109-18.
- Fernow, I. et al. (2007) Eur J Cell Biol 86, 345-52.
- Neumann-Giesen, C. et al. (2007) J Cell Sci 120, 395-406.
- Liu, J. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 16125-34.
- Santamaría, A. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 1900-11.
- Solomon, S. et al. (2002) Immunobiology 205, 108-19.
- Neumann-Giesen, C. et al. (2004) Biochem J 378, 509-18.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3244 Flotillin-2 (L294) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.