Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Blk Antibody #3262
|3262S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3262||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Blk Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Blk.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the carboxy-terminus of human Blk. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Blk is a Src family protein tyrosine kinase expressed in all stages of B cell development (1,2). Activation of B cells by various ligands is accompanied by activation of Blk (3). It has been suggested that Blk is involved in the control of B cell differentiation and proliferation (4,5). Blk transcripts have also been detected in human thymocytes, but not in mature T cells, implicating that Blk may play an important role in thymopoiesis (6). Blk function may be redundant, however, as mice that do not express Blk are not impaired with respect to B cell development and immune response (7).
- Dymecki, S.M. et al. (1990) Science 247, 332-336.
- Wasserman, R. et al. (1995) J. Immunol. 155, 644-651.
- Sefton, B.M. et al. (1994) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 6, 372-379.
- Malek, S.N. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 7351-7356.
- Yao, X.R. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 7946-7950.
- Islam, K.B. et al. (1995) J. Immunol. 154, 1265-1272.
- Texido, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell Biol. 20, 1227-1233.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.