Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
Blk Antibody #3262
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Blk Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Blk.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the carboxy-terminus of human Blk. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Blk is a Src family protein tyrosine kinase expressed in all stages of B cell development (1,2). Activation of B cells by various ligands is accompanied by activation of Blk (3). It has been suggested that Blk is involved in the control of B cell differentiation and proliferation (4,5). Blk transcripts have also been detected in human thymocytes, but not in mature T cells, implicating that Blk may play an important role in thymopoiesis (6). Blk function may be redundant, however, as mice that do not express Blk are not impaired with respect to B cell development and immune response (7).
- Dymecki, S.M. et al. (1990) Science 247, 332-336.
- Wasserman, R. et al. (1995) J. Immunol. 155, 644-651.
- Sefton, B.M. et al. (1994) Curr. Opin. Immunol. 6, 372-379.
- Malek, S.N. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 7351-7356.
- Yao, X.R. et al. (1993) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 90, 7946-7950.
- Islam, K.B. et al. (1995) J. Immunol. 154, 1265-1272.
- Texido, G. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell Biol. 20, 1227-1233.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.