Product Pathways - Translational Control
Ero1-Lα Antibody #3264
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ero1-Lα Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Ero1-Lα protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu218 of human Ero1-Lα. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Secretory proteins translocate into the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) after their synthesis where they are post-translationally modified and properly folded. To reach their native conformation, many secretory proteins require the formation of intra- or inter-molecular disulfide bonds (1). This process is called oxidative protein folding. Several oxidoreductases of the protein disulfide isomerase (PDI) family essential for disulfide formation and isomerization are localized to the ER (2). Studies have found that the ER-residing protein endoplasmic oxidoreductin-1 (Ero1) provides the oxidizing potential to the ER in Saccharomyces cerevisiae (3). In vitro experiments demonstrated that Ero1 is oxidized by molecular oxygen in a FAD-dependent manner and the oxidized Ero1 in turn serves as an oxidant for PDI (4). Two human homologs of Ero1, Ero1-like (Ero1-Lα and β) have been identified (2,5). Ero1-Lα is an ER membrane-associated N-glycoprotein that promotes oxidative protein folding and has been shown to be expressed in several cell lines and tissues (2).
- Huppa, J.B. and Ploegh, H.L. (1998) Cell 92, 145-148.
- Cabibbo, A. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 4827-4833.
- Frand, A.R. and Kaiser, C.A. (1998) Mol. Cell 1, 161-170.
- Tu, B.P. et al. (2000) Science 290, 1571-1574.
- Pagani, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 23685-23692.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3183 BiP Antibody
- 2157 MBTPS2 Antibody
- 3294 IRE1α (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3179 Phospho-PERK (Thr980) (16F8) Rabbit mAb
- 9956 ER Stress Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4759 ER Protein Folding Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.