Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
ROS1 (69D6) Mouse mAb #3266
|W IP||H||Endogenous||258 kDa||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ros (69D6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total Ros protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other related proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a GST-Ros fusion protein containing the carboxyl-terminal sequence of human Ros.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HCC78 cells using Ros (69D6) Mouse mAb. HCC78 cells express several Ros translocation forms where a Ros fragment is fused with a SLC34A2 protein fragment. The molecular weight of fusion proteins shown are 85 kDa, 70 kDa and 59 kDa (Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-1203).
ROS1, an orphan receptor tyrosine kinase of the insulin receptor family, was initially identified as a homolog of v-ros from the UR2 sarcoma virus (1). ROS1 consists of a large extracellular domain that is composed of six fibronectin repeats, a transmembrane domain, and an intracellular kinase domain. While the function of ROS1 is undefined, it has been shown to play an important role in differentiation of epididymal epithelium (2). The first oncogenic fusion of ROS1, FIG-ROS1, was initially identified by research studies in glioblastoma (3), and subsequent studies have found this fusion in cholangiocarcinoma (4), ovarian cancer (5) and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) (6). Investigators have found additional oncogenic ROS1 fusion proteins in NSCLC (at a frequency of ~1.6%), where the ROS1 kinase domain is fused to the amino-terminal region of a number of different proteins, including CD74 and SLC34A2 (6-8). ROS1 fusion proteins activate the SHP-2 phosphatase, PI3K/Akt/mTOR, Erk, and Stat3 pathways (3,4,9).
- Matsushime, H. et al. (1986) Mol Cell Biol 6, 3000-4.
- Yeung, C.H. et al. (1999) Biol Reprod 61, 1062-9.
- Charest, A. et al. (2003) Genes Chromosomes Cancer 37, 58-71.
- Gu, T.L. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e15640.
- Birch, A.H. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e28250.
- Rimkunas, V.M. et al. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 4449-57.
- Rikova, K. et al. (2007) Cell 131, 1190-203.
- Stumpfova, M. and Jänne, P.A. (2012) Clin Cancer Res 18, 4222-4.
- Jun, H.J. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 3764-74.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3287 ROS1 (D4D6) Rabbit mAb
- 3078 Phospho-ROS1 (Tyr2274) Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.