Product Pathways - Development
Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb #3268
|W||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||120, 300||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Notch1 protein. It recognizes both the full-length (~ 300 kDa) and the transmembrane/intracellular region NTM (~120 kDa).
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro2439 of human Notch1.
Western blot analysis of total extract from HBP-ALL cells using Notch1 (C44H11) Rabbit mAb. The full-length (FL) and transmembrane/intracellular region (NTM) are indicated.
Notch proteins (Notch1-4) are a family of transmembrane receptors that play important roles in development and the determination of cell fate (1). Mature Notch receptors are processed and assembled as heterodimeric proteins, with each dimer comprised of a large extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single-pass transmembrane domain, and a smaller cytoplasmic subunit (Notch intracellular domain, NICD) (2). Binding of Notch receptors to ligands of the Delta-Serrate-Lag2 (DSL) family triggers heterodimer dissociation, exposing the receptors to proteolytic cleavages; these result in release of the NICD, which translocates to the nucleus and activates transcription of downstream target genes (3-4).
- Artavanis-Tsakonas, S. et al. (1999) Science 284, 770-6.
- Chan, Y.M. and Jan, Y.N. (1998) Cell 94, 423-6.
- Schroeter, E.H. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 382-6.
- Rand, M.D. et al. (2000) Mol Cell Biol 20, 1825-35.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 2421 Cleaved Notch1 (Val1744) Antibody
- 2420 Notch2 (8A1) Rabbit mAb
- 2889 Notch3 Antibody
- 2423 Notch4 (L5C5) Mouse mAb
- 2588 DLL1 Antibody
- 2483 DLL3 (G93) Antibody
- 2589 DLL4 Antibody
- 2155 Jagged1 (1C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2620 Jagged1 (28H8) Rabbit mAb
- 2210 Jagged2 (C23D2) Rabbit mAb
- 2205 Jagged2 (C83A8) Rabbit mAb
- 4608 MAML1 Antibody
- 4618 MAML2 Antibody
- 2756 Numb (C29G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2761 Numb (C44B4) Rabbit mAb
- 3976 TACE Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.