Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
SGK Antibody #3272
|W||H (M) (R)||Transfected Only||54 (Transfected only)||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SGK Antibody detects transfected levels of SGK1, SGK2 and SGK3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding the carboxy-terminal domain of human SGK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase (SGK) is a serine/threonine kinase closely related to Akt (1). SGK is rapidly induced in response to a variety of stimuli, including serum, glucocorticoid, follicle stimulating hormone, osmotic shock, and mineralocorticoids. SGK activation can be accomplished via HGF PI3K-dependent pathways and by integrin-mediated PI3K-independent pathways (2,3). Induction and activation of SGK has been implicated in activating the modulation of anti-apoptotic and cell cycle regulation (4-6). SGK also plays an important role in activating certain potassium, sodium, and chloride channels, suggesting its involvement in the regulation of processes such as cell survival, neuronal excitability, and renal sodium excretion (2). SGK is negatively regulated by ubiquitination and proteasome degradation (7).
- Webster, M.K. et al. (1993) Mol Cell Biol 13, 2031-40.
- Kobayashi, T. and Cohen, P. (1999) Biochem J 339 ( Pt 2), 319-28.
- Park, J. et al. (1999) EMBO J 18, 3024-33.
- Brunet, A. et al. (2001) Mol Cell Biol 21, 952-65.
- Mikosz, C.A. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 16649-54.
- Hayashi, M. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 8631-4.
- Brickley, D.R. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 43064-70.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3271 Phospho-SGK (Ser78) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.