Product Pathways - Translational Control
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb #3274
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||37||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GβL protein.
Source / Purification
GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln210 of human GβL.
Western blot analysis of extracts from GβL wild-type (+/+) and knockout (-/-) mouse embryonic fibroblast cells using GβL (86B8) Rabbit mAb. (provided by David Sabatini Lab at the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research).
Cell growth is a fundamental biological process whereby cells accumulate mass and increase in size. The mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) pathway regulates growth by coordinating energy and nutrient signals with growth factor-derived signals (1). mTOR is a large protein kinase with two different complexes. One complex contains mTOR, GβL, and raptor, which is a target of rapamycin. The other complex, insensitive to rapamycin, includes mTOR, GβL, and rictor (1). GβL associates with the kinase domain of mTOR and stimulates mTOR kinase activity (2). A reduction in GβL expression has been shown to decrease in vivo phosphorylation of S6K1 (2).
- Sarbassov, D.D. et al. (2004) Curr Biol. 14, 1296-1302.
- Kim, D.H. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell 11, 895-904.
- Wu, M. et al. (2010) Rejuvenation Res 13, 571-9. Applications: Western Blotting
- Gao, D. et al. (2011) Mol Cell 44, 290-303. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3227 GβL Antibody
- 2983 mTOR (7C10) Rabbit mAb
- 2280 Raptor (24C12) Rabbit mAb
- 2691 PRAS40 (D23C7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2114 Rictor (53A2) Rabbit mAb
- 2971 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2448) Antibody
- 2974 Phospho-mTOR (Ser2481) Antibody
- 2972 mTOR Antibody
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9864 mTOR Regulation Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9862 mTOR Substrates Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9202 p70 S6 Kinase Antibody
- 9904 Rapamycin
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.