Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Shootin1 Antibody #3279
|3279S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3279||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||60||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Shootin1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total shootin1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide surrounding Lys450 of human shootin1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The differentiation process of neurons can be divided into five stages, each stage characterized by morphological changes observed in the developing cells. In stage 1, the cells extend lamellipodia and in stage 2 their lamellipodia develop into immature neurites. In stage 3 one neurite elongates rapidly to form an axon and in stage 4 the remaining immature neuritis elongate to form dendrites. In stage 5 synaptic contacts are formed and a neuronal network is established (1).
Shootin1 is involved in generating internal asymmetric signals required for neuronal during stages 2 and 3. The extension of an axon requires considerable reorganization of the cytoskeleton mediated by PI3K/Akt and PI3K/Cdc42 signaling (1). Shootin1 is involved in regulating the subcellular localization of PI3 kinase. Furthermore, shootin1 is upregulated during polarization and accumulates asymmetrically in a single neurite that consequently elongates rapidly to form an axon (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4228 Phospho-PI3 Kinase p85 (Tyr458)/p55 (Tyr199) Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 9968 Rho-GTPase Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.