Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-FAK (Tyr925) Antibody #3284
|3284S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3284P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3284||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat, Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-FAK (Tyr925) Antibody detects endogenous levels of FAK only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 925. This antibody may cross-reacts with other tyrosine-phosphorylated RTKs.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr925 of human FAK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) is a widely expressed cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase involved in integrin-mediated signal transduction. It plays an important role in the control of several biological processes, including cell spreading, migration, and survival (1). Activation of FAK by integrin clustering leads to autophosphorylation at Tyr397, which is a binding site for the Src family kinases PI3K and PLCγ (2-5). Recruitment of Src family kinases results in the phosphorylation of Tyr407, Tyr576, and Tyr577 in the catalytic domain, and Tyr871 and Tyr925 in the carboxy-terminal region of FAK (6,7).
Phosphorylation of Tyr925 creates a binding site for the Grb2/SH2 domain and triggers a Ras-dependent activation of the MAP kinase pathway (7).
- Parsons, J.T. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5606-13.
- Schaller, M.D. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 1680-8.
- Cobb, B.S. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 147-55.
- Chen, H.C. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26329-34.
- Zhang, X. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 9021-6.
- Calalb, M.B. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 954-63.
- Schlaepfer, D.D. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 786-791.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3285 FAK Antibody
- 3281 Phospho-FAK (Tyr576/577) Antibody
- 3283 Phospho-FAK (Tyr397) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.