Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
FAK Antibody #3285
|3285S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3285P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3285||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, Bovine, Pig||Endogenous||125||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Chicken.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FAK Antibody detects endogenous levels of FAK protein. This antibody does not cross-react with other proteins.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding amino acid 710 of human FAK. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chramotography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, using FAK Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma, using FAK Antibody in thre presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) is a widely expressed cytoplasmic protein tyrosine kinase involved in integrin-mediated signal transduction. It plays an important role in the control of several biological processes, including cell spreading, migration, and survival (1). Activation of FAK by integrin clustering leads to autophosphorylation at Tyr397, which is a binding site for the Src family kinases PI3K and PLCγ (2-5). Recruitment of Src family kinases results in the phosphorylation of Tyr407, Tyr576, and Tyr577 in the catalytic domain, and Tyr871 and Tyr925 in the carboxy-terminal region of FAK (6,7).
- Parsons, J.T. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 5606-13.
- Schaller, M.D. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 1680-8.
- Cobb, B.S. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 147-55.
- Chen, H.C. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26329-34.
- Zhang, X. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96, 9021-6.
- Calalb, M.B. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 954-63.
- Schlaepfer, D.D. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 786-791.
- Michels, S. et al. (2013) Cancer Res 73, 2518-28. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Zaytseva, Y.Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 1504-17. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Fu, X.D. et al. (2010) Endocr Relat Cancer 17, 431-43. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3281 Phospho-FAK (Tyr576/577) Antibody
- 3283 Phospho-FAK (Tyr397) Antibody
- 3284 Phospho-FAK (Tyr925) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.