Product Pathways - Metabolism
GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb #3286
|3286S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3286||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total GPX1 protein.
Source / Purification
GPX1 (C8C4) Rabbit mAb is produced by immunizing rabbits with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human GPX1.
Glutathione peroxidase 1 (GPX1) is a cytosolic selenoprotein which reduces hydrogen peroxide to water (1). GPX1 is the most abundant and ubiquitous among the five GPX isoforms identified so far (2). It is an important component in the anti-oxidative defense in cells and is associated with a variety of disease conditions, such as colon cancer (3), coronary artery disease (4) and insulin resistance (1).
- Hawkes, W.C. et al. (2012) J Cell Biochem 113, 61-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3206 GPX1 Antibody
- 3187 NQO1 (A180) Mouse mAb
- 2770 SOD1 Antibody
- 2285 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Human Specific)
- 2298 Thioredoxin 1 Antibody (Mouse/Rat Preferred)
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.