Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
EEA1 (C45B10) Rabbit mAb #3288
|3288S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3288P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3288||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat||Endogenous||170||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
EEA1 (C45B10) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total EEA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser70 of human EEA1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using EEA1 (C45B10) Rabbit mAb.
EEA1 is an early endosomal marker and a Rab5 effector protein essential for early endosomal membrane fusion and trafficking (1-2). The carboxy terminus of EEA1 contains a FYVE domain which binds to phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate (PtdIns(3)P), targeting EEA1 to early endosomes (3). The stable association of EEA1 with the endosomal membrane is regulated by PI3 kinase, Rab5 and calcium/calmodulin (4-6). Once on the membrane, EEA1 interacts with Rab5, NSF and syntaxin 13 to promote early endosomal membrane docking and fusion (7).
- Mu, F.T. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 13503-13511.
- Christoforidis, S. et al. (1999) Nature 397, 621-625.
- Gaullier, J.M. et al. (1998) Nature 394, 432-433.
- Patki, V. et al. (1997) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 94, 7326-7330.
- Lawe, D.C. et al. (2003) Mol. Biol. Cell 14, 2935-2945.
- Simonsen, A. et al. (1998) Nature 394, 494-498.
- McBride, H.M. et al. (1999) Cell 98, 377-386.
- Fujita, H. et al. (2013) Eur J Immunol 43, 93-103. Applications: IF-IC (In Cells).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2411 EEA1 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.