Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
5-Lipoxygenase (C49G1) Rabbit mAb #3289
|3289S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3289||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Monkey.
Specificity / Sensitivity
5-Lipoxygenase (C49G1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total 5-lipoxygenase protein. Expression of 5-Lipoxygenasae is very low in most tissues and cell lines, except in whole blood, bone marrow, lung and macrophage cell lines.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ile168 of human 5-lipoxygenase protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from human RL cells using 5-Lipoxygenase (49G1) Rabbit mAb.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells transfected with 5-LO using 5-Lipoxygenase (49G1) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, using 5-Lipoxygenase (C49G1) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen specific peptide (right).
5-Lipoxygenase (5-LO, ALOX5) is an important catalytic enzyme responsible for the biosynthesis of leukotriene LTA4 from arachidonic acid (1,2). Leukotriene synthesis also requires 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP, ALOX5AP), a nuclear membrane-bound protein that binds arachidonic acid and is thought to activate 5-LO. A number of related leukotrienes (i.e. B4, C4, D4) are derived from LTA4 and together these lipid mediators function in immune reaction regulation. 5-LO is primarily expressed in polymorphonuclear leukocytes, peripheral blood monocytes, macrophages, and mast cells (1,3). Overexpression of 5-LO protein is seen in certain cancer cells and is associated with poor diagnosis (1,4). Depending upon the cell type, 5-LO is localized to either the cytosol or the nucleus of quiescent cells (5). Following stimulation, 5-LO translocates to the nucleus and associates with FLAP to catalyze LTA4 synthesis (2,3). Phosphorylation of specific residues can regulate 5-LO enzymatic activity. Phosphorylation of 5-LO at Ser523 by PKA family kinases inhibits oxygenase activity (6,7) while MAPKAP2 and ERK family kinase phosphorylation at Ser271 and Ser663 stimulates 5-LO enzymatic activity in vivo (8,9).
- Woods, J.W. et al. (1995) J Clin Invest 95, 2035-46.
- Evans, J.F. et al. (2008) Trends Pharmacol Sci 29, 72-8.
- Radmark, O. et al. (2007) Trends Biochem Sci 32, 332-41.
- Chen, X. et al. (2006) Curr Cancer Drug Targets 6, 613-22.
- Werz, O. (2002) Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 1, 23-44.
- Luo, M. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 41512-20.
- Luo, M. et al. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 40609-16.
- Werz, O. et al. (2002) FASEB J 16, 1441-3.
- Werz, O. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 14793-800.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.