Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
PIP5K1C Antibody #3296
|3296S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3296||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||87, 90||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
PIP5K1C Antibody detects endogenous levels of total PIP5K1C protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues around Gly504 of human PIP5K1C. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Phosphatidylinositol-5-phosphate 4-kinases (PIP4K) synthesize phosphatidylinositol-4,5-bisphosphate (PtdIns(4,5)P2), a key precursor in phosphoinositide signaling that directly modulates the activity of signaling proteins and cellular processes. There are two subfamilies of PIP kinases, type I and II, that generate PtdIns(4,5)P2 from distinct substrate pools. PIP4 type I kinases use PtdIns5P as a substrate, whereas PIP5 type II kinases use PtdIns4P (1,2). In mammalian cells, three isoforms of each PIP4K and PIP5K subfamily, encoded by distinct genes, have been characterized (3-7). All PIP kinases are stimulated by phosphatidic acid, extensively regulated by ARF and Rho GTPases, and inhibited by protein kinase A and PI-stimulated autophosphorylation (8).
- Rameh, L.E. et al. (1997) Nature 390, 192-6.
- Zhang, X. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 17756-61.
- Ishihara, H. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 23611-4.
- Loijens, J.C. and Anderson, R.A. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 32937-43.
- Ishihara, H. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 8741-8.
- Itoh, T. et al (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 20292-20299
- Boronenkov, I.V. et al. (1998) Mol Biol Cell 9, 3547-60.
- Oude Weernink, P.A. et al. (2004) Eur J Pharmacol 500, 87-99.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9693 PIP5K1A Antibody
- 9694 PIP4K2B Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.