Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
SPHK1 Antibody #3297
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||45||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SPHK1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SPHK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human SPHK1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Sphingosine kinases (SPHKs) catalyze the phosphorylation of sphingosine to form sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P), a lipid mediator with both intra- and extracellular functions. Together with other sphingolipid metabolizing enzymes, SPHKs regulate the balance of the lipid mediators, ceramide, sphingosine, and S1P (1-4). Two distinct SPHK isoforms, SPHK1 and SPHK2, have been cloned and characterized (5,6). SPHK1 and SPHK2 are highly conserved and diversely expressed (7,8). The SPHKs are activated by G protein-coupled receptors, receptor tyrosine kinases, immunoglobulin receptors, cytokines, and other stimuli (9-12). The molecular mechanisms by which SPHK1 and SPHK2 are specifically regulated are complex and only partially understood.
- Hait, N.C. et al. (2006) Biochim Biophys Acta 1758, 2016-26.
- Xia, P. et al. (2000) Curr Biol 10, 1527-30.
- Hannun, Y.A. et al. (2001) Biochemistry 40, 4893-903.
- Futerman, A.H. and Riezman, H. (2005) Trends Cell Biol 15, 312-8.
- Kohama, T. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 23722-8.
- Liu, H. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 19513-20.
- Liu, H. et al. (2002) Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 71, 493-511.
- Spiegel, S. and Milstien, S. (2003) Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4, 397-407.
- Alemany, R. et al. (2007) Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 374, 413-28.
- Saba, J.D. and Hla, T. (2004) Circ Res 94, 724-34.
- Anliker, B. and Chun, J. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 20555-8.
- Wattenberg, B.W. et al. (2006) J Lipid Res 47, 1128-39.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.