Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
Annexin A1 Antibody #3299
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||37||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Annexin A1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total annexin A1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human annexin A1. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
The annexin superfamily consists of 13 calcium or calcium and phospholipid binding proteins with high biological and structural homology (1). Annexin-1 (ANXA1) is the first characterized member of the annexin family of proteins and is able to bind to cellular membranes in a calcium-dependent manner, promoting membrane fusion and endocytosis (2-4). Annexin A1 has anti-inflammatory properties and inhibits phospholipase A2 activity (5,6). Annexin A1 can accumulate on internalized vesicles after EGF-stimulated endocytosis and may be required for a late stage in inward vesiculation (7). Phosphorylation by PKC, EGFR, and Chak1 results in inhibition of annexin A1 function (8-10). Annexin A1 has also been identified as one of the 'eat-me' signals on apoptotic cells that are to be recognized and ingested by phagocytes (11). Annexin A1, as an endogenous anti-inflammatory mediator, has roles in many diverse cellular functions, such as membrane aggregation, inflammation, phagocytosis, proliferation, apoptosis, and tumorigenesis and cancer development (12-14).
- Raynal, P. and Pollard, H.B. (1994) Biochim Biophys Acta 1197, 63-93.
- Blackwell, G.J. et al. (1980) Nature 287, 147-9.
- Rothhut, B. et al. (1983) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 117, 878-84.
- Hirata, F. et al. (1981) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 78, 3190-4.
- Kim, K.M. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett 343, 251-5.
- Kim, S.W. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 15712-9.
- White, I.J. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 1-12.
- Varticovski, L. et al. (1988) Biochemistry 27, 3682-90.
- Dorovkov, M.V. and Ryazanov, A.G. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 50643-6.
- Wang, W. and Creutz, C.E. (1994) Biochemistry 33, 275-82.
- Arur, S. et al. (2003) Dev Cell 4, 587-98.
- Perretti, M. and Gavins, F.N. (2003) News Physiol Sci 18, 60-4.
- Parente, L. and Solito, E. (2004) Inflamm Res 53, 125-32.
- Lim, L.H. and Pervaiz, S. (2007) FASEB J 21, 968-75.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2831 Phospho-cPLA2 (Ser505) Antibody
- 2832 cPLA2 Antibody
- 9921 Phospho-PKC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9960 PKC Isoform Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.