Product Pathways - Protein Folding
HSPA4/Apg-2 Antibody #3303
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||110||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HSPA4/Apg-2 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total HSPA4 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human HSPA4. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The heat shock protein HSPA4 (Apg-2, HSP70RY) is a member of the heat-shock protein 110 (Hsp 110) subfamily of Hsp70 heat-shock proteins (1). Apg-2 has chaperone ability similiar to Hsp110, and it plays a role under non-stress conditions (2). Apg-2 interacts with TJP1/ZO-1 and functions as a regulator of ZO-1-ZONAB signaling in epithelial cells in response to cellular stress (3,4).
- Kaneko, Y. et al. (1997) Gene 189, 19-24.
- Gotoh, K. et al. (2004) FEBS Lett 560, 19-24.
- Tsapara, A. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 1322-30.
- Aijaz, S. et al. (2007) BMC Cell Biol 8, 49.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.