Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
VRK1 (1F6) Mouse mAb #3307
|3307S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3307||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
VRK1 (1F6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total VRK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant fusion protein GST-full length human VRK1.
The vaccinia-related kinase (VRK) proteins are a new group of Ser/Thr kinases in the human kinome. This mammalian kinase family comprises three members, VRK1, VRK2, and VRK3 (1-3). The VRK1 has autophosphorylation activity and phosphorylates several transcription factors, including p53 (4), ATF2 (5), and c-Jun (6). VRK2 is associated with the endoplasmic reticulum (7). VRK3 suppresses Erk activity through direct interaction and activation of the MAP kinase phosphatase VHR (8). Further functional and structural analysis of VRK proteins will elucidate important new aspects of cell regulation.
- Nezu, J. et al. (1997) Genomics 45, 327-31.
- Zelko, I. et al. (1998) Arch Biochem Biophys 352, 31-6.
- Vega, F.M. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett 544, 176-80.
- Lopez-Borges, S. and Lazo, P.A. (2000) Oncogene 19, 3656-64.
- Sevilla, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 27458-65.
- Sevilla, A. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 8950-8.
- Nichols, R.J. and Traktman, P. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 7934-46.
- Kang, T.H. and Kim, K.T. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 863-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.