Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
VRK1 (1F6) Mouse mAb #3307
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VRK1 (1F6) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total VRK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant fusion protein GST-full length human VRK1.
The vaccinia-related kinase (VRK) proteins are a new group of Ser/Thr kinases in the human kinome. This mammalian kinase family comprises three members, VRK1, VRK2, and VRK3 (1-3). The VRK1 has autophosphorylation activity and phosphorylates several transcription factors, including p53 (4), ATF2 (5), and c-Jun (6). VRK2 is associated with the endoplasmic reticulum (7). VRK3 suppresses Erk activity through direct interaction and activation of the MAP kinase phosphatase VHR (8). Further functional and structural analysis of VRK proteins will elucidate important new aspects of cell regulation.
- Nezu, J. et al. (1997) Genomics 45, 327-31.
- Zelko, I. et al. (1998) Arch Biochem Biophys 352, 31-6.
- Vega, F.M. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett 544, 176-80.
- Lopez-Borges, S. and Lazo, P.A. (2000) Oncogene 19, 3656-64.
- Sevilla, A. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 27458-65.
- Sevilla, A. et al. (2004) Oncogene 23, 8950-8.
- Nichols, R.J. and Traktman, P. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 7934-46.
- Kang, T.H. and Kim, K.T. (2006) Nat Cell Biol 8, 863-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3260 VRK3 Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.