Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Cofilin Antibody #3312
|3312L||300 µl (30 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3312S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3312||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Hamster, Monkey, Bovine||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Pig.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Cofilin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total cofilin protein. The antibody may also recognize cofilin 2, the muscle isoform.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser3 of human cofilin. Antibodies are purified by protein A.
Cofilin and actin-depolymerization factor (ADF) are members of a family of essential conserved small actin-binding proteins that play pivotal roles in cytokinesis, endocytosis, embryonic development, stress response, and tissue regeneration (1). In response to stimuli, cofilin promotes the regeneration of actin filaments by severing preexisting filaments (2). The severing activity of cofilin is inhibited by LIMK or TESK phosphorylation at Ser3 of cofilin (3-5). Phosphorylation at Ser3 also regulates cofilin translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm (6).
- Goeckeler, Z.M. and Wysolmerski, R.B. (2005) J Biol Chem 280, 33083-95. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Chen, X. and Macara, I.G. (2006) J Cell Biol 172, 671-8. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3313 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb
- 3318 Cofilin (D59) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.