Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb #3313
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk B||Endogenous||19||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey B=Bovine
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of cofilin only when phosphorylated at serine 3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser3 of human cofilin.
Western blot analysis of COS cells, untreated or λ phosphatase-treated, using Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb (left) or Cofilin Antiobdy #3312 (right).
Western blot analysis of NIH/3T3 cells, λ phosphatase-treated or untreated, and various other cell lines, using Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of MCF7 cells either untreated (left) or λ phosphatase-treated (right), using Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) (77G2) Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Cofilin and actin-depolymerization factor (ADF) are members of a family of essential conserved small actin-binding proteins that play pivotal roles in cytokinesis, endocytosis, embryonic development, stress response, and tissue regeneration (1). In response to stimuli, cofilin promotes the regeneration of actin filaments by severing preexisting filaments (2). The severing activity of cofilin is inhibited by LIMK or TESK phosphorylation at Ser3 of cofilin (3-5). Phosphorylation at Ser3 also regulates cofilin translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm (6).
- Carlier, M.F. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 33827-30.
- Condeelis, J. (2001) Trends Cell Biol 11, 288-93.
- Arber, S. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 805-9.
- Yang, N. et al. (1998) Nature 393, 809-12.
- Toshima, J. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 31449-58.
- Nebl, G. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 26276-80.
- Negash, S. et al. (2009) Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol , . Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3311 Phospho-Cofilin (Ser3) Antibody
- 3312 Cofilin Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3318 Cofilin (D59) Antibody
Rabbit Monoclonals Produced Using Epitomics® Technology, U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.