Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Ras-GRF1 Antibody #3322
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ras-GRF1 Antibody detects transfected levels of Ras-GRF1. This antibody does not cross-react with Ras-GRF2.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino-terminal residues of mouse Ras-GRF1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, untransfected (lane 1) or transfected with either wild-type (lanes 2 and 3) or Ala916 mutant (lanes 4 and 5) Ras-GRF1, using Ras-GRF1 Antibody. Transfected COS cells were untreated or treated forskolin as indicated.(Triple HA-tagged Ras-GRF1 expressing plasmids provided by Dr. R. Mattingly, Dept. of Pharmacology, Wayne State University, Michigan.)
Ras activity is regulated by GAP (GTPase activating proteins) and GEFs (guanine nucleotide exchange factors). Ras-GRF1 (also known as CDC25Mm) is neuronal RasGEF and is regulated by heterotrimeric G proteins and calcium influx (1,2). Binding to calmodulin and phosphorylation stimulate Ras-GRF1 activity (1,2). Multiple PKA phosphorylation sites on Ras-GRF have been identified. Phosphorylation on the two major sites, Ser54 and Ser822, inhibits Ras-GRF activity (3). Carbachol (a muscarinic agonist)-induced phosphorylation on Ser916 is essential but not sufficient for maximal Ras-GRF activity (4). It has been reported that Ras-GRF1 also shows GEF activity toward Rac after phosphorylation by the tyrosine kinase Src (5).
- Mattingly, R.R. and Macara, I.G. (1996) Nature 382, 268-72.
- Farnsworth, C.L. et al. (1995) Nature 376, 524-7.
- Baouz, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 1742-1749.
- Mattingly, R.R. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 37379-84.
- Kiyono, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 29788-29793.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3321 Phospho-Ras-GRF1 (Ser916) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.