Product Pathways - Development
Axin1 (C7B12) Rabbit mAb #3323
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||110||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Axin1 (C7B12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total Axin1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein consisting of the N-terminal region of human Axin1.
Axin1 (Axis inhibition protein 1) and Axin2 are multidomain scaffold proteins that negatively regulate Wnt signaling. Axin1 interacts with APC, GSK-3β, Dvl, and β-catenin and promotes the GSK-3β-mediated phosphorylation and subsequent degradation of β-catenin (1,2). Upon stimulation of cells with Wnt, Axin1 is recruited to the membrane by phosphorylated LRP5/6, a process that is believed to be crucial for activation of Wnt signaling (3,4). In addition to its role in the Wnt signaling pathway, Axin1 forms a complex with MEKK1 and activates c-Jun amino-terminal kinase (JNK/SAPK) (5). Axin2 (also known as Conductin or Axil) can functionally substitute for Axin1 in mice (6). Axin2 itself is a direct target of the Wnt signaling pathway and therefore serves to control the duration and/or intensity of Wnt signaling through a negative feedback loop (7-9).
- Luo, W. and Lin, S.C. Neurosignals 13, 99-113.
- Salahshor, S. and Woodgett, J.R. (2005) J. Clin. Pathol. 58, 225-236.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-877.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-872.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 35247-35254.
- Chia, I.V. and Costantini, F. (2005) Mol. Cell Biol. 25, 4371-4376.
- Jho, E.H. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1172-1183.
- Lustig, B. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Biol. 22, 1184-1193.
- Leung, J.Y. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 21657-21665.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2074 Axin1 (C95H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 2504 APC Antibody
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2530 Wnt5a/b (C27E8) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.