Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Dab1 (Tyr232) Antibody #3325
|W||H (M) (R)||Transfected Only||80, 110 GFP-Dab1 fusion.||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Dab1 (Tyr232) Antibody detects transfected levels of Dab1 protein only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 232.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr232 of human Dab1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Reelin signaling pathway plays a critical role in neuronal development. Reelin is a secreted glycoprotein that binds to the lipoprotein receptors VLDLR and ApoER2 or alpha3beta1 integrin on the surface of neurons (1,2). Activation of these receptors induces tyrosine phosphorylation of Disabled 1 (Dab1), an intracellular adaptor. It is generally believed that tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1 by Src family tyrosine kinases is the most critical downstream event in Reelin signaling. The phosphotyrosine-binding (PTB) domain within its amino terminus enables Dab1 to recognize and bind to a conserved sequence motif within the cytoplasmic tail of the receptors. In addition, the PTB contains a Pleckstrin Homology-like subdomain that binds to phosphoinositides. The phosphoinositide-binding region within the Dab1 PTB domain is required for membrane localization and basal tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1 independent of VLDLR and ApoER2 (3). It has been demonstrated that Src, CrkII, CrkL and Dock1 associate with tyrosine-phosphorylated Dab. The CrkII-Dab1 interaction requires tyrosine phosphorylation of Dab1 at residues 220 or 232 (4).
- Huang, Y. et al. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 331, 1460-1468.
- Luque, J.M. (2004) Brain Res. Dev. Brain Res. 152, 269-271.
- Morimura, T. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280, 16901-16908.
- Chen, K. et al. (2004) J. Cell. Sci. 117, 4527-4536.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3328 Dab1 Antibody
- 3327 Phospho-Dab1 (Tyr220) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.