Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
RasGRP3 (C33A3) Rabbit mAb #3334
|W||H M (Mk)||Endogenous||78||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RasGRP3 (C33A3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total RasGRP3 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy teminus of human RasGRP3.
Lymphocyte activation occurs in part through activation of the Ras signaling pathway following lymphocyte receptor stimulation. The RasGRP family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs) catalyzes the exchange of GDP for GTP on Ras family small GTPases, promoting their active GTP-bound form. Diacylglycerol (DAG) or phorbol ester binding to RasGRP family members causes their translocation to the cell membrane and stimulates their activity (1,2). While T-Cells express RasGRP1, B-cells express both RasGRP1 and RasGRP3. RasGRP3 is important in linking B-cell receptor (BCR) activation to Ras signaling (3). In response to BCR stimulation, RasGRP3 is phosphorylated at Thr133 by PKC. This phosphorylation event further activates RasGRP3 in response to DAG, which stimulates PKC activity (4,5).
- Braun, D.C. et al. (2005) Mol Cancer Ther 4, 141-50.
- Lorenzo, P.S. et al. (2001) Cancer Res 61, 943-9.
- Oh-hora, M. et al. (2003) J Exp Med 198, 1841-51.
- Aiba, Y. et al. (2004) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 101, 16612-7.
- Zheng, Y. et al. (2005) Blood 105, 3648-54.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2399 Rap1A/Rap1B (26B4) Rabbit mAb
- 2326 Rap1B (36E1) Rabbit mAb
- 3339 Ras (27H5) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.