Product Pathways - Protein Stability
S5a/PSMD4 (D17E4) Rabbit mAb #3336
|W IP||H M R Mk (Hm) (X) (Z) (B) (Dg) (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||50||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Hm=Hamster Mk=Monkey X=Xenopus Z=Zebrafish B=Bovine Dg=Dog Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
S5a/PSMD4 (D17E4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total S5a/PSMD4 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human S5a/PSMD4 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using S5a/PSMD4 (D17E4) Rabbit mAb.
S5a (PSMD4) is a subunit of the 19S regulatory proteasome complex functioning in ubiquitinated-protein targeting and degradation (1). S5a contains two polyubiquitin binding motifs (UIM) that bind multiubiquitin chains by hydrophobic interaction (2,3). In addition to ubiquitin, the UIM of S5a shows high affinity to a ubiquitin-like domain present in many proteins. S5a binds to these types of proteins directly and mediates their targeting to the proteasome for degradation (4,5).
- Deveraux, Q. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 23726-23729.
- Young, P. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 5461-5467.
- Beal, R. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 861-866.
- Fujiwara, K. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 4760-4767.
- Sakata, E. et al. (2003) EMBO Rep. 4, 301-306.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3846 S5a/PSMD4 Antibody
- 8549 ADRM1 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.