Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
STING Antibody #3337
|W IP||H M||Endogenous||35||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
STING Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total STING protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Leu325 of human STING protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (-), transfected with a cDNA expression construct encoding human STING (hSTING; +), or transfected with a cDNA expression constructed encoding mouse STING (mSTING; +), using STING Antibody.
STING (MITA/MYPS/TMEM173) is a recently identified adaptor found to be a critical component of the cellular innate immune response to pathogenic cytoplasmic DNA (1, 2). It is ubiquitously expressed, resides in the ER, and has five transmembrane regions (1). Detection of cytoplasmic DNA by nucleic acid sensors such as DDX41 or IFI16 leads to their association with STING (3, 4). This causes STING, in a complex with TBK1, to traffic through the Golgi to perinuclear endosomes where TBK1 phosphorylates and activates IRFs and NF-κB, ultimately leading to induction of type I interferon and other genes important for the immune response. In addition, RIG-I, the cytoplasmic receptor for 5’ triphosphorylated viral RNA, was shown to associate with and require STING for induction of type I interferon (1). Finally, STING was recently demonstrated to be a direct sensor of cyclic dinucleotides produced by bacteria (5).
- Ishikawa, H. and Barber, G.N. (2008) Nature 455, 674-8.
- Zhong, B. et al. (2008) Immunity 29, 538-50.
- Zhang, Z. et al. (2011) Nat Immunol 12, 959-65.
- Unterholzner, L. et al. (2010) Nat Immunol 11, 997-1004.
- Burdette, D.L. et al. (2011) Nature 478, 515-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.