Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
Ras (27H5) Rabbit mAb #3339
|3339S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3339P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3339||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey, D. melanogaster, S. cerevisiae||Endogenous||21||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
Ras (27H5) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total K-Ras, H-Ras and N-Ras proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human K-Ras.
The 21 kDa guanine-nucleotide binding proteins (K-Ras, H-Ras, and N-Ras) cycle between active (GTP-bound) and inactive (GDP-bound) forms (1). Receptor tyrosine kinases and G protein-coupled receptors activate Ras, which then stimulates the Raf-MEK-MAPK pathway (2-4). GTPase-activating proteins (GAP) normally facilitate the inactivation of Ras. However, research studies have shown that in 30% of human tumors, point mutations in Ras prevent the GAP-mediated inhibition of this pathway (5). The most common oncogenic Ras mutation found in tumors is Gly12 to Asp12 (G12D), which prevents Ras inactivation, possibly by increasing the overall rigidity of the protein (5,6).
- Boguski, M.S. and McCormick, F. (1993) Nature 366, 643-654.
- Avruch, J. et al. (1994) Trends Biochem. Sci. 19, 279-283.
- Buday, L. and Downward, J. (1993) Cell 73, 611-620.
- Huang, D.C. et al. (1993) Mol. Cell Biol. 13, 2420-2431.
- Bos, J.L. (1989) Cancer Res. 49, 4682-4689.
- Ma, J. and Karplus, M. (1997) J. Mol. Biol. 274, 114-131.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3965 Ras Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patents No. 5,675,063 and 7,429,487) from Epitomics, Inc.