Product Pathways - Protein Stability
SGTA Antibody #3349
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SGTA Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SGTA protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to human SGTA. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from H1703 cells transfected with non-targeted (-) or SGTA targeted (+) siRNA. SGTA Antibody confirms the silencing of protein expression while β-Actin Antibody #4967 is used to control for loading.
SGTA, small glutamine-rich tetratricopeptide repeat-containing protein A, is an ubiquitously expressed co-chaperone that binds directly to HSC70 and HSP70 and regulates their ATPase activity (1,2). SGTA is a 34 kDa protein that is rich in glutamine residues at its C terminus and contains three tandemly repeated TPR motifs (3). The TPR domain of SGTA shows sequence similarity to the TPR domains of Hop, CHIP, and TOM70 (4). The TPR domain of SGTA also interacts with HSP90 and was recently found to be a pro-apoptotic factor (5,6).
- Liu, F.H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 34425-32.
- Tobaben, S. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 38376-83.
- Cziepluch, C. et al. (1998) J Virol 72, 4149-56.
- Scheufler, C. et al. (2000) Cell 101, 199-210.
- Liou, S.T. and Wang, C. (2005) Arch Biochem Biophys 435, 253-63.
- Yin, H. et al. (2006) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343, 1153-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4464 Hop Antibody
- 2080 CHIP (C3B6) Rabbit mAb
- 4876 HSP70 (D69) Antibody
- 4873 HSP70 (6B3) Rat mAb
- 4872 HSP70 Antibody
- 4877 HSP90 (C45G5) Rabbit mAb
- 4875 HSP90 (E289) Antibody
- 4874 HSP90 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.