Product Pathways - Ca / cAMP / Lipid Signaling
ApoA1 (5F4) Mouse mAb #3350
|W IP||H||Endogenous||25||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ApoA1 (5F4) Mouse mAb detects endogenous level of total ApoA1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a full-length recombinant human ApoA1.
Western blot analysis of decreasing concentrations of ApoA1 protein purified from human serum using ApoA1 (5F4) Mouse mAb.
ApoAI (Apolipoprotein A1) is a major component of high density lipoprotein (HDL, the “good cholesterol”) in plasma. It is produced in the liver and small intestine. ApoA1 is a cofactor for lecithin cholesterolacyltransferase (LCAT) that is responsible for the formation of plasma cholesteryl esters and promotes cholesterol efflux from tissues to the liver for excretion. Defects in ApoA1 are associated with high density lipoprotein deficiency (HDLD) and systemic non-neuropathic amyloidosis (1-3).
- Calabresi, L. and Franceschini, G. (1997) Curr Opin Lipidol 8, 219-24.
- Miller, M. and Zhan, M. (2004) Curr Opin Cardiol 19, 380-4.
- Sviridov, D. and Nestel, P.J. (2007) Curr Opin Lipidol 18, 157-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.