Product Pathways - Lymphocyte Signaling
CD79A Antibody #3351
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CD79A Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CD79A protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn217 of human CD79A. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography
Western blot analysis of extracts from Raji and Daudi cell lines using CD79A Antibody.
Antigen receptors found on the surface of B-cells contain a hetrodimeric signaling component composed of CD79A and CD79B, also known as Ig α and Ig β, respectively (1,2). Presence of this receptor complex is essential for B-cell development and function (3). Together these two proteins and the associated B cell receptor initiate intracellular signaling following antigen binding (4,5). An immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif (ITAM) is found in the CD79A intracellular region appears to be is important for its function (6). Antigen binding precedes formation of the CD79A and CD79B heterodimer and subsequent activation of receptor associated kinases (7). CD79A is a marker for B-lineage lymphoblastic leukemia (8); mutations in the corresponding mb-1 gene are responsible for abnormally low levels of functional B cell receptors in some cases of chronic B-cell lymphocytic leukemia (9).
- van Noesel, C.J. et al. (1991) J Immunol 146, 3881-8.
- Minegishi, Y. et al. (1999) J Clin Invest 104, 1115-21.
- Yu, L.M. and Chang, T.W. (1992) J Immunol 148, 633-7.
- Storch, B. et al. (2007) Eur J Immunol 37, 252-60.
- Mason, D.Y. et al. (1995) Blood 86, 1453-9.
- Luisiri, P. et al. (1996) J Biol Chem 271, 5158-63.
- Pike, K.A. et al. (2004) J Immunol 172, 2210-8.
- Astsaturov, I.A. et al. (1996) Leukemia 10, 769-73.
- Vuillier, F. et al. (2005) Blood 105, 2933-40.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 3533 Btk (C82B8) Rabbit mAb
- 2732 Lyn Antibody
- 2796 Lyn (C13F9) Rabbit mAb
- 2752 Lck Antibody
- 3571 Phospho-CD19 (Tyr531) Antibody
- 3759 SHP-1 (C14H6) Rabbit mAb
- 3752 SHP-2 Antibody
- 4958 SLP-76 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.