Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Stathmin Antibody #3352
|3352S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3352||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
Stathmin Antibody detects endogenous levels of total stathmin protein. The antibody does not cross-react with related proteins such as SCG10, SCLIP and RB3.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser38 of human stathmin. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from C6, SH-SY5Y, SK-N-MC, PC12, COS and HeLa cells, using Stathmin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma, showing cytoplasmic localization, using Stathmin Antibody.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using Stathmin Antibody.
Stathmin is a ubiquitously expressed microtubule destabilizing phosphoprotein that is upregulated in a number of cancers. The amino terminus of the protein contains multiple phosphorylation sites and is involved in the promotion of tubulin filament depolymerization. Phosphorylation at these sites inactivates the protein and stabilizes microtubules. Ser16 phosphorylation by CaM kinases II and IV (1,2) increases during G2/M-phase and is involved in mitotic spindle regulation (3,4). Ser38 is a target for cdc2 kinase (5) and TNF-induced cell death gives rise to reactive oxygen intermediates leading to hyperphosphorylation of stathmin (6). EGF receptor activation of Rac and cdc42 also increases phosphorylation of stathmin on Ser16 and Ser38 (7). Other closely related family members are neuronally expressed and include SCG10, SCLIP, RB3 and its splice variants RB3' and RB3''. Stathmin and SCG10 have been shown to play roles in neuronal-like development in PC12 cells (8).
- Marklund, U. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Biochem. 225, 53-60.
- le Gouvello, S. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161, 1113-1133.
- Mistry, S.J. and Atweh, G.F. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 31209-31215.
- Gavet, O. et al. (1998) J. Cell Sci. 111, 3333-3346.
- Luo, X. N. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 10312-10318.
- Vancompernolle, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 33876-33882.
- Daub, H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 1677-1680.
- Di Paolo, G. et al. (1996) J. Cell. Biol. 133, 1383-1390.
- Saal, L.H. et al. (2007) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104, 7564-9. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Liu, Z. et al. (2005) Cancer Res 65, 1647-54. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Verma, N.K. et al. (2009) J Biol Chem 284, 12349-62. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Salvesen, H.B. et al. (2009) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106, 4834-9. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
- Li, F. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e21977. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.