Product Pathways - Development
CACYBP Antibody #3354
|3354S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3354||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||26||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), F=Flow Cytometry
Specificity / Sensitivity
CACYBP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CACYBP protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Trp162 of human CACYBP. Antibodies are purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using CACYBP Antibody.
Flow cytometric analysis of HeLa cells using CACYBP Antibody (blue) compared to a nonspecific negative control antibody (red).
Calcyclin-binding protein or Siah-1-interacting protein (CACYBP/SIP) is a component of the ubiquitin E3 ligase complex that also contains Siah1, Skp1, and Ebi (1). CACYBP regulates β-catenin turnover and plays an important role in thymocyte development (2). CACYBP also binds to tubulin and may be involved in cytoskeletal regulation (3,4). It is highly expressed in neurons, and its cellular localization may be regulated by Ca2+ (5,6). Retinoic acid treatment of the neuroblastoma cell line SH-SY5Y induces translocation of CACYBP to the nucleus and seems to be correlated with phosphorylation of CACYBP on serine residues (7). Recent studies also suggest that CACYBP may possess phosphatase activity (8), and that it can bind and dephosphorylate Erk1/2 (8,9).
- Matsuzawa, S.I. and Reed, J.C. (2001) Mol Cell 7, 915-26.
- Fukushima, T. et al. (2006) Immunity 24, 29-39.
- Schneider, G. et al. (2007) Biochim Biophys Acta 1773, 1628-36.
- Filipek, A. et al. (2008) J Neural Transm 115, 1257-64.
- Jastrzebska, B. et al. (2000) J Histochem Cytochem 48, 1195-202.
- Filipek, A. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 21103-9.
- Wu, J. et al. (2003) J Biochem Mol Biol 36, 354-8.
- Kilanczyk, E. et al. (2011) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404, 179-83.
- Kilanczyk, E. et al. (2009) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380, 54-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 2156 Skp1 Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.