Product Pathways - Neuroscience
CaMKII-α Antibody #3357
|W||H M R||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CaMKII-α Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CaMKII-α. The peptide sequence used as the antigen is not conserved in CaMKII-β, -γ and -δ.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the human sequence of CaMKII-α. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293T cells, mock transfected (lane 1) or expressing CaMKII-α (lane2), CaMKII-β (lane 3) or CaMKII-γ (lane 4) using CaMKII-α Antibody (upper) and CaMKII (pan) (D11A10) Rabbit mAb #4436 (lower).
CaMKII is an important member of the calcium/calmodulin-activated protein kinase family, functioning in neural synaptic stimulation and T cell receptor signaling (1,2). CaMKII has catalytic and regulatory domains. Ca2+/calmodulin binding to the CaMKII regulatory domain relieves autoinhibition and activates the kinase (3). The activated CaMKII further autophosphorylates at Thr286 to render the kinase constitutively active (3). The threonine phosphorylation state of CaMKII can be regulated through PP1/PKA. PP1 (protein phosphatase 1) dephosphorylates phospho-CaMKII at Thr286. PKA (protein kinase A) prevents phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) dephosphorylation through an inhibitory effect on PP1 (4).
- Hughes, K. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 36008-36013.
- Barria, A. et al. (1997) Science 276, 2042-2045.
- Barkai, U. et al. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 554-563.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J. Neurosci. 19, 2500-2510.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 3356 Phospho-CaMKII (Tyr231) Antibody
- 4032 CaMKIV Antibody
- 2891 Calreticulin Antibody
- 3760 Phospho-IP3 Receptor (Ser1756) Antibody
- 3763 IP3 Receptor Antibody
- 2482 PLCbeta3 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.