Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
PI3 Kinase Class III (D4E2) Rabbit mAb #3358
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||100||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PI3 Kinase Class III (D4E2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PI3K class III protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the amino-terminal sequence of human PI3K class III.
Three distinct types of phosphoinositide 3-kinases (PI3K) have been characterized. Unlike other PI3Ks, PI3K class III catalyzes the phosphorylation of phosphatidylinositol at the D3 position, producing phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate (PIP3) (1). PI3K class III is the mammalian homolog of Vps34, first identified in yeast. PI3K class III interacts with the regular subunit p150, the mammalian homolog of Vps15, which regulates cellular membrane association through myristoylation (2,3). PIP3 recruits several proteins with FYVE or PX domains to membranes regulating vesicular transport and protein sorting (4). Moreover, PI3K class III has been shown to regulate autophagy, trimeric G-protein signaling, and the mTOR nutrient-sensing pathway (5).
- Odorizzi, G. et al. (2000) Trends Biochem Sci 25, 229-35.
- Panaretou, C. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 2477-85.
- Kihara, A. et al. (2001) J Cell Biol 152, 519-30.
- Corvera, S. (2001) Traffic 2, 859-66.
- Yan, Y. and Backer, J.M. (2007) Biochem Soc Trans 35, 239-41.
- Siemens, N. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 21612-22. Applications: Western Blotting
- Yoshioka, K. et al. (2012) Nat Med 18, 1560-9. Applications: Western Blotting
- Biswas, K. et al. (2013) J Biol Chem 288, 2325-39. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2535 Phospho-AMPKα (Thr172) (40H9) Rabbit mAb
- 2532 AMPKα Antibody
- 2775 LC3B Antibody
- 3738 Beclin-1 Antibody
- 4257 PI3 Kinase p85 (19H8) Rabbit mAb
- 4252 PI3 Kinase p110γ Antibody
- 4255 PI3 Kinase p110α Antibody
- 3617 Phospho-Tuberin/TSC2 (Thr1462) (5B12) Rabbit mAb
- 9964 mTOR Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 3811 PI3 Kinase Class III Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.