Product Pathways - Metabolism
Phospho-Torc1/Crtc1 (Ser151) Antibody #3359
|3359S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3359||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse, Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Torc1/Crtc1 (Ser151) Antibody detects transfected levels of Torc1/Crtc1 protein when phosphorylated on Ser151.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence of human Torc1/Crtc1. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from U-87 MG cells, untransfected or transfected with human wild-type (WT) Torc1 or Torc1 (Ser151Ala), using Phospho-Torc1/Crtc1 (Ser151) Antibody (upper) or DYKDDDDK Tag Antibody (Binds to the same epitope as Sigma's Anti-FLAG® M2 Antibody) #2368 (lower). DYKDDDDK-tagged WT and mutant Torc1 expression vectors were kindly provided by Dr. Marc Montminy at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.
Glucose homeostasis is regulated by hormones and cellular energy status. Elevations of blood glucose during feeding stimulate insulin release from pancreatic β-cells through a glucose sensing pathway. Feeding also stimulates release of gut hormones such as glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), which further induces insulin release, inhibits glucagon release and promotes β-cell viability. CREB-dependent transcription likely plays a role in both glucose sensing and GLP-1 signaling (1). The protein CRTC2 (CREB-regulated transcription coactivator 2)/TORC2 (transducer of regulated CREB activity 2) functions as a CREB co-activator (2,3) and is implicated in mediating the effects of these two pathways (4). In quiescent cells, CRTC2/TORC2 is phosphorylated at Ser171 and becomes sequestered in the cytoplasm via an interaction with 14-3-3 proteins. Glucose and gut hormones lead to the dephosphorylation of CRTC2/TORC2 and its dissociation from 14-3-3 proteins. Dephosphorylated CRTC2/TORC2 enters the nucleus to promote CREB-dependent transcription. CRTC2/TORC2 plays a key role in the regulation of hepatic gluconeogenic gene transcription in response to hormonal and energy signals during fasting (5). CRTC2/TORC2-related proteins CRTC1/TORC1 and CRTC3/TORC3 also act as CREB co-activators (2,3). CRTC1/TORC1, CRTC2/TORC2 and CRTC3/TORC3 associate with the HTLV Tax protein to promote Tax-dependent transcription of HTLV-1 long terminal repeats (6,7). CRTC1/TORC1 is highly phosphorylated at Ser151 in mouse hypothalamic cells under basal conditions (8). When these cells are exposed to cAMP or a calcium activator, CRTC1/TORC1 is dephosphorylated and translocates into the nucleus (8). CRTC1/TORC1 is essential for energy balance and fertility (8).
- Hinke, S.A. et al. (2004) J Physiol 558, 369-80.
- Conkright, M.D. et al. (2003) Mol Cell 12, 413-23.
- Iourgenko, V. et al. (2003) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100, 12147-52.
- Screaton, R.A. et al. (2004) Cell 119, 61-74.
- Koo, S.H. et al. (2005) Nature 437, 1109-11.
- Koga, H. et al. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 52978-83.
- Siu, Y.T. et al. (2006) J Virol 80, 7052-9.
- Altarejos, J.Y. et al. (2008) Nat Med 14, 1112-7.
- Choi, S. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 2658-64. Applications: Western Blotting.
- Jeong, H. et al. (2011) Nat Med 18, 159-65. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2501 Torc1 Antibody
- 2587 Torc1 (C71D11) Rabbit mAb
- 3826 Torc2 Antibody
- 2768 Torc3 Antibody
- 2720 Torc3 (C35G4) Rabbit mAb
- 9198 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (87G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9191 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Antibody
- 9196 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) (1B6) Mouse mAb
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9104 CREB (86B10) Mouse mAb
- 9193 CREB Control Cell Extracts
- 1090 Phospho-CREB (Ser133) Blocking Peptide
- 9190 PhosphoPlus® CREB (Ser133) Antibody Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Anti-FLAG® is a registered trademark of Sigma-Aldrich Biotechnology.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.