Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody #3361
|W||H M R||Endogenous||50||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody detects endogenous levels of CaMKII only when phosphorylated at Thr286.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr286 of human CaMKII. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from Neuro2A cells treated with calcium ionophore (A23187, 2 µM) after a 20-minute preincubation with forskolin (30 μM), using Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody (upper) or CaMKII Antibody #3362 (lower).
CaMKII is an important member of the calcium/calmodulin-activated protein kinase family, functioning in neural synaptic stimulation and T cell receptor signaling (1,2). CaMKII has catalytic and regulatory domains. Ca2+/calmodulin binding to the CaMKII regulatory domain relieves autoinhibition and activates the kinase (3). The activated CaMKII further autophosphorylates at Thr286 to render the kinase constitutively active (3). The threonine phosphorylation state of CaMKII can be regulated through PP1/PKA. PP1 (protein phosphatase 1) dephosphorylates phospho-CaMKII at Thr286. PKA (protein kinase A) prevents phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) dephosphorylation through an inhibitory effect on PP1 (4).
- Hughes, K. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 36008-36013.
- Barria, A. et al. (1997) Science 276, 2042-2045.
- Barkai, U. et al. (2000) Mol. Endocrinol. 14, 554-563.
- Makhinson, M. et al. (1999) J. Neurosci. 19, 2500-2510.
- Banno, Y. et al. (2008) J Neurochem 104, 1372-86.
- Razani, B. et al. (2011) J Biol Chem 286, 30949-61. Applications: Western Blotting
- Morales-Alamo, D. et al. (2012) J Appl Physiol 113, 917-28. Applications: Western Blotting
- Morales-Alamo, D. et al. (2013) J Appl Physiol 114, 566-77. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.