Product Pathways - Protein Translation
Dicer Antibody #3363
|3363S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3363P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3363||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
Dicer Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Dicer protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the sequence of human Dicer. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HeLa cells, transfected with 100 nM SignalSilence® Control siRNA (Unconjugated) #6568 (-), SignalSilence® Dicer siRNA I #6576 (+) or SignalSilence® Dicer siRNA II (+), using Dicer Antibody #3363 and α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb #2125. The dicer antibody confirms silencing of dicer expression, while α-Tubulin (11H10) Rabbit mAb is used to control for loading and specificity of dicer siRNA.
Dicer is a member of the RNase III family that specifically cleaves double-stranded RNAs to generate microRNAs (miRNAs) (1). After long primary transcript pri-miRNAs are processed to stem-looped pre-miRNAs by Drosha (2), pre-miRNAs are transported to the cytoplasm and further processed by Dicer to produce 22-nucleotide mature miRNAs (3). The mature miRNA then becomes a part of the RNA-Induced Silencing Complex (RISC) and can bind to the 3' UTR of the target mRNA (3).
- Smith, J.L. et al. (2012) J Virol 86, 5278-87. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3364 Drosha (D28B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3410 Drosha (D30F3) Rabbit mAb
- 2897 Argonaute 2 (C34C6) Rabbit mAb
- 4049 THEX1 Antibody
- 2079 Miwi (G82) Antibody
- 2025 Miwi (D478) Antibody
- 2071 Mili Antibody
- 6576 SignalSilence® Dicer siRNA I
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.