Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb #3366
|W IP IHC-P IF-F||M R||Endogenous||130||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total neuropilin-2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of mouse Neuropilin-2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from rat brain and NIH/3T3 cells using Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse pancreas using Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of E14.5 mouse embryo using Neuropilin-2 (D39A5) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Class 3 secreted semaphorin (Sema3A) is a chemorepellent that acts upon a wide variety of axons. As such, it induces a dramatic redistribution and depolymerization of actin filaments that results in growth cone collapse. Plexins are single pass, transmembrane signaling proteins encompassing Plexin A1, A2, A3 and A4. Plexins form a complex with neuropilin-1 and -2 and the cell adhesion protein L1 to form a functional semaphorin receptor (1,2). The GTPase Rnd1 binds to the cytoplasmic domain of Plexin A1 to trigger cytoskeletal collapse. In contrast, the GTPase RhoD blocks Rnd1-mediated Plexin A1 activation and repulsion of sympathetic axons by Sema3A (3).
Neuropilin-2, a single pass, transmembrane glycoprotein, can also bind to VEGF165 and VEGF145, but not VEGF121. Thus, in addition to neuronal guidance, neuropilin-2 plays a role in angiogenesis and cardiovascular functions (4). Although neuropilin-2 has been linked to tumor biology (e.g. pancreatic cancer, bladder cancer, lung cancer, and neuroblastoma), its role in tumor pathogenesis is still under investigation (4,5).
- Pasterkamp, R.J. and Kolodkin, A.L. (2003) Curr Opin Neurobiol 13, 79-89.
- Takahashi, T. and Strittmatter, S.M. (2001) Neuron 29, 429-39.
- Zanata, S.M. et al. (2002) J Neurosci 22, 471-7.
- Favier, B. et al. (2006) Blood 108, 1243-50.
- Chen, C. et al. (2005) World J Surg 29, 271-5.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3813 Plexin A1 Antibody
- 3816 Plexin A4 (C5D1) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.