Product Pathways - Neuroscience
GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb #3369
|W IHC-P IF-IC||H Mk||Endogenous||23||Mouse IgG1|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb detects endogenous levels of total GSTP1 protein. The antibody does not cross react with GST-tagged proteins.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant GSTP1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from PC3 cells and human cerebellum using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lymphoma using GSTP1 (3F2) Mouse mAb.
Glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) are a family of isoenzymes that detoxify electrophiles through conjugation to thiol-reduced glutathione (GSH). Thus, they are critical in protecting cells from toxins (drugs, pesticides, carcinogens) and oxidative stress (1). Eight isoforms of cytosolic-soluble GSTs (α, κ, μ, π, σ, θ, ζ, and ω) are identified, while only GST-α, -μ, and -π are described in the central nervous system (2). GSTP1 (GSTπ) is overexpressed in early stages of carcinogenesis and can be used as a neoplastic marker in tumor tissues (3). GSTP1 directly inhibits TRAF2 and JNK but not NF-κB (4,5). Corresponding GSTP1 gene polymorphisms affect substrate selectivity and stability, and the oxidative milieu in dopaminergic neurons, which increases the susceptibility to Parkinson’s disease (6).
- Hayes, J.D. et al. (2005) Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 45, 51-88.
- Mannervik, B. et al. (2005) Methods Enzymol 401, 1-8.
- Ali-Osman, F. et al. (1997) Clin Cancer Res 3, 2253-61.
- Elsby, R. et al. (2003) J Biol Chem 278, 22243-9.
- Wu, Y. et al. (2006) Oncogene 25, 5787-800.
- Castro-Caldas, M. et al. (2009) J Mol Neurosci 38, 114-27.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4724 TRAF2 (C192) Antibody
- 9912 Phospho-SAPK/JNK Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9258 SAPK/JNK (56G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3078 Phospho-ROS1 (Tyr2274) Antibody
- 4211 Parkin (Prk8) Mouse mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.