Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser31) Antibody #3370
|3370S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3370||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Mouse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser31) Antibody detects endogenous levels of tyrosine hydroxylase only when phosphorylated at Ser31.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to the sequence surrounding Ser31 of mouse tyrosine hydroxylase. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of the neurotransmitter dopamine and other catecholamines. TH functions as a tetramer, with each subunit composed of a regulatory and catalytic domain, and exists in several different isoforms (1,2). This enzyme is required for embryonic development since TH knockout mice die before or at birth (3). Levels of transcription, translation and posttranslational modification regulate TH activity. The amino-terminal regulatory domain contains three serine residues: Ser9, Ser31 and Ser40. Phosphorylation at Ser40 by PKA positively regulates the catalytic activity of TH (4-6). Phosphorylation at Ser31 by CDK5 also increases the catalytic activity of TH through stabilization of TH protein levels (7-9).
- Kumer, S.C. and Vrana, K.E. (1996) J Neurochem 67, 443-62.
- Bodeau-Péan, S. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 3469-75.
- Kobayashi, K. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 27235-43.
- Lew, J.Y. et al. (1999) Mol Pharmacol 55, 202-9.
- Vié, A. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 16788-95.
- Lindgren, N. et al. (2000) J Neurochem 74, 2470-7.
- Moy, L.Y. and Tsai, L.H. (2004) J Biol Chem 279, 54487-93.
- Lehmann, I.T. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 17644-51.
- Saraf, A. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 573-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2791 Phospho-Tyrosine Hydroxylase (Ser40) Antibody
- 2792 Tyrosine Hydroxylase Antibody
- 2506 CDK5 Antibody
- 2680 p35/25 (C64B10) Rabbit mAb
- 2306 DARPP-32 (19A3) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.