Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CDT1 Antibody #3386
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CDT1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CDT1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino terminal sequence of human CDT1.
The initiation of DNA replication in mammalian cells is a highly coordinated process that ensures duplication of the genome only once per cell division cycle. Origins of replication are dispersed throughout the genome, and their activities are regulated via the sequential binding of prereplication and replication factors. The origin recognition complex (ORC) is thought to be bound to chromatin throughout the cell cycle (1,2). The prereplication complex (Pre-RC) forms in late mitosis/early G1 phase beginning with the binding of CDT1 and cdc6 to the origin, which allows binding of the heterohexameric MCM2-7 complex. The MCM complex is thought to be the replicative helicase, and formation of the pre-RC is referred to as chromatin licensing. Subsequent initiation of DNA replication requires the activation of the S-phase promoting kinases CDK2 and cdc7. Cdc7, which is active only in complex with its regulatory subunit dbf4, phosphorylates MCM proteins bound to chromatin and allows binding of the replication factor cdc45 and DNA polymerase (3,4).Binding of CDT1 to geminin prevents pre-RC formation, and expression and degradation of geminin serve to regulate CDT1 activity (reviewed in 5). The interaction of CDT1 with MCM proteins is important in pre-RC formation and licensing (6,7). Both cdc6 and CDT1 are degraded by the ubiquitin proteasome pathway in response to DNA damage associated with rereplication (8).
- Okuno, Y. et al. (2001) EMBO J 20, 4263-77.
- McNairn, A.J. et al. (2005) Exp Cell Res 308, 345-56.
- Bell, S.P. and Dutta, A. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 333-74.
- Tsuji, T. et al. (2006) Mol Biol Cell 17, 4459-72.
- Tada, S. (2007) Front Biosci 12, 1629-41.
- You, Z. and Masai, H. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 24469-77.
- Teer, J.K. and Dutta, A. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 6817-25.
- Hall, J.R. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 25356-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4007 MCM2 Antibody
- 4012 MCM3 Antibody
- 4018 MCM7 Antibody
- 4736 ORC2 (3G6) Rat mAb
- 4737 ORC6 (3A4) Rat mAb
- 3387 Cdc6 (C42F7) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.