Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
c-Kit Antibody #3392
|3392S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3392||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
c-Kit Antibody detects endogenous levels of c-Kit. It does not cross-react with other receptor tyrosine kinase family members.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the residues surrounding Met720 of human c-Kit. The antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
c-Kit is a member of the subfamily of receptor tyrosine kinases that includes PDGF, CSF-1, and FLT3/flk-2 receptors (1,2). It plays a critical role in activation and growth in a number of cell types including hematopoietic stem cells, mast cells, melanocytes, and germ cells (3). Upon binding with its stem cell factor (SCF) ligand, c-Kit undergoes dimerization/oligomerization and autophosphorylation. Activation of c-Kit results in the recruitment and tyrosine phosphorylation of downstream SH2-containing signaling components including PLCγ, the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase, SHP2, and CrkL (4). Molecular lesions that impair the kinase activity of c-Kit are associated with a variety of developmental disorders (5), and mutations that constitutively activate c-Kit can lead to pathogenesis of mastocytosis and gastrointestinal stromal tumors (6). Tyr719 is located in the kinase insert region of the catalytic domain. c-Kit phosphorylated at Tyr719 binds to the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase in vitro and in vivo (7).
- Martin, F.H. et al. (1990) Cell 63, 203-11.
- Yarden, Y. et al. (1987) EMBO J 6, 3341-51.
- Gommerman, J.L. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 30519-25.
- Sattler, M. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 10248-53.
- Nocka, K. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1805-13.
- Hirota, S. et al. (1998) Science 279, 577-80.
- Blume-Jensen, P. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 24, 157-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3073 Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr703) (D12E12) Rabbit mAb
- 3074 c-Kit (D13A2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3308 c-Kit (Ab81) Mouse mAb
- 3310 c-Kit (Ab81) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 3391 Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr719) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.