Product Pathways - Development
LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb #3395
|3395S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3395P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3395||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||180, 210||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Rat.
Specificity / Sensitivity
LRP6 (C47E12) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total LRP6 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to an extracellular region surrounding Met988 of human LRP6 protein.
LRP5 and LRP6 are single-pass transmembrane proteins belonging to the low-density lipoprotein receptor (LDLR)-related protein family. Unlike other members of the LDLR family, LRP5 and LRP6 have four EGF and three LDLR repeats in the extracellular domain, and proline-rich motifs in the cytoplasmic domain (1). They function as co-receptors for Wnt and are required for the canonical Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway (2,3). LRP5 and LRP6 are highly homologous and have redundant roles during development (4,5). The activity of LRP5 and LRP6 can be inhibited by the binding of some members of the Dickkopf (DKK) family of proteins (6,7). Upon stimulation with Wnt, LRP6 is phosphorylated at multiple sites including Thr1479, Ser1490, and Thr1493 by kinases such as GSK-3 and CK1 (8-10). Phosphorylated LRP6 recruits axin to the membrane and presumably activates β-catenin signaling (8-10).
- Brown, S.D. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 248, 879-888.
- Pinson, K.I. et al. (2000) Nature 407, 535-538.
- Tamai, K. et al. (2000) Nature 407, 530-535.
- Kelly, O.G. et al. (2004) Development 131, 2803-2815.
- He, X. et al. (2004) Development 131, 1663-1677.
- Semënov, M.V. et al. (2001) Curr Biol 11, 951-61.
- Bafico, A. et al. (2001) Nat. Cell Biol. 3, 683-668.
- Tamai, K. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell 13, 149-156.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 873-877.
- Davidson, G. et al. (2005) Nature 438, 867-872.
- MacDonald, B.T. et al. (2011) PLoS One 6, e23537. Applications: Western Blotting.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2915 Wnt Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2951 β-Catenin Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9383 TCF/LEF1 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 2568 Phospho-LRP6 (Ser1490) Antibody
- 2560 LRP6 (C5C7) Rabbit mAb
- 2391 Wnt3a Antibody
- 2392 Wnt5a Antibody
- 3224 Dvl2 (30D2) Rabbit mAb
- 3218 Dvl3 Antibody
- 2262 Naked1 Antibody
- 9561 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37/Thr41) Antibody
- 2009 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser33/37) Antibody
- 3795 Frizzled5 Antibody
- 9582 β-Catenin (6B3) Rabbit mAb
- 2203 TCF1 (C63D9) Rabbit mAb
- 2230 LEF1 (C12A5) Rabbit mAb
- 2569 TCF4 (C48H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2565 TCF4 (C9B9) Rabbit mAb
- 3534 SFRP1 (D5A7) Rabbit mAb
- 2721 Wnt3a (C64F2) Rabbit mAb
- 2883 TCF3 (D15G11) Rabbit mAb
- 2151 Axin2 (76G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2087 Axin1 (C76H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2074 Axin1 (C95H11) Rabbit mAb
- 2201 Naked1 (C30F10) Rabbit mAb
- 9316 Phospho-GSK-3α (Ser21) (36E9) Rabbit mAb
- 9315 GSK-3β (27C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9566 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser552) Antibody
- 9567 Phospho-β-Catenin (Ser675) Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
This antibody is developed, validated, and produced by CST using in part technology under license (granting certain rights including those under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063) from Epitomics, Inc.