Product Pathways - Development
TCF8/ZEB1 (D80D3) Rabbit mAb #3396
|W IP||H (M) (R)||Endogenous||200||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
TCF8/ZEB1 (D80D3) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total TCF8/ZEB1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to a region around residue Asp868 of human TCF8/ZEB1.
Western blot analysis of extracts from COS cells, mock transfected or transfected with a construct expressing human TCF8/ZEB1, using TCF8/ZEB1 (D80D3) Rabbit mAb.
ZEB family proteins are zinc finger and homeobox domain containing transcription factors. There are two members in mammals, ZEB1 (δ-EF1, TCF8, AREB6) and ZEB2 (SIP1, (ZEB1 and ZEB2 contain two separate Zinc-finger domain and a homeodomain (1). While ZEB proteins mainly function as transcriptional suppressors, they are able to activate transcription, dependent on DNA-context and cell type (1). One of the targets suppressed by ZEB proteins is E-cadherin. Downregulation of E-cadherin is one of the hallmarks of epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT), a critical feature of normal embryonic development, which is also utilized by malignant epithelial tumors to spread beyond their origin (2-4). ZEB1 mutations are associated with posterior corneal dystrophy, and ZEB2 mutations were reported to be associated with Hirschsprung (HSCR) disease (5-8).
- Vandewalle, C. et al. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 773-87.
- Aigner, K. et al. (2007) Oncogene 26, 6979-88.
- Peinado, H. et al. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 415-28.
- Moreno-Bueno, G. et al. (2008) Oncogene 27, 6958-69.
- Krafchak, C.M. et al. (2005) Am J Hum Genet 77, 694-708.
- Aldave, A.J. et al. (2007) Am J Med Genet A 143A, 2549-56.
- Dastot-Le Moal, F. et al. (2007) Hum Mutat 28, 313-21.
- Garavelli, L. and Mainardi, P.C. (2007) Orphanet J Rare Dis 2, 42.
- Kurasawa, Y. et al. (2011) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Ono, H. et al. (2012) Oncogene , . Applications: Western Blotting
- Chang, C.J. et al. (2011) Nat Cell Biol 13, 317-23. Applications: Western Blotting
- Sun, Y. et al. (2012) Cancer Res 72, 527-36. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3879 Snail (C15D3) Rabbit mAb
- 3895 Snail (L70G2) Mouse mAb
- 4719 Snail (SN9H2) Rat mAb
- 9585 Slug (C19G7) Rabbit mAb
- 9589 Slug (L40C6) Mouse mAb
- 3195 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb
- 3199 E-Cadherin (24E10) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4061 N-Cadherin Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.