Product Pathways - Neuroscience
PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb #3409
|W IHC-P||H M R||Endogenous||95||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total PSD95 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in the amino-terminal sequence of human PSD95.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain using PSD95 (D74D3) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Postsynaptic Density protein 95 (PSD95) is a member of the membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) family of proteins. These family members consist of an amino-terminal variable segment followed by three PDZ domains, a SH3 domain and an inactive guanylate kinase (GK) domain. PSD95 is a scaffolding protein involved in the assembly and function of the postsynaptic density complex (1-2). PSD95 participates in synaptic targeting of AMPA receptors through an indirect manner involving Stargazin and related transmembrane AMPA receptor regulatory proteins (TARPs) (3). It is implicated in experience dependent plasticity and plays an indispensable role in learning (4). Mutations in PSD95 are associated with autism (5).
- Cao, J. et al. (2005) J. Cell Biol 168, 117-26.
- Chetkovich, D.M. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 6415-25.
- Cai, C. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 4267-73.
- Yao, W.D. et al. (2004) Neuron 41, 625-38.
- Cline, H. (2005) Curr. Biol. 15, R203-5.
- Bjorklund, N.L. et al. (2012) J Neurosci Methods 203, 146-51. Applications: Western Blotting
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4206 Phospho-NMDAR2A (Tyr1246) Antibody
- 2460 AMPA Receptor (GluR 2/3/4) Antibody
- 3361 Phospho-CaMKII (Thr286) Antibody
- 3362 CaMKII (pan) Antibody
- 2148 α/β-Tubulin Antibody
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.