Product Pathways - DNA Damage
Rad52 Antibody #3425
|3425S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3425P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|3425||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||40||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Hamster.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rad52 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Rad52 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to the central sequence of human Rad52. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Repair of DNA double-stranded breaks (DSBs) can occur via nonhomologous end joining (NHEJ), homologous recombination (HR), or other DSB repair pathways (1). In yeast, one family of proteins involved in HR is the Rad52 group, which includes Rad52 itself, Rad51, and Rad54 (1). Vertebrate cells lacking Rad51, Rad52, or Rad54 often show enhanced sensitivity to ionizing radiation (IR) or chromosomal abnormatlities (2-4). In response to IR-induced DNA damage, ATM activates the kinase c-Abl, which phosphorylates Rad51 at Tyr54 and Tyr315, and Rad52 at Tyr104, causing translocation of these proteins to sites of DNA strand breaks/subnuclear foci (5-7).
- Paques, F. and Haber, J.E. (1999) Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 63, 349-404.
- Bezzubova, O. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 185-193.
- Takata, M. et al. (2000) Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 6476-6482.
- Fujimori, A. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 5513-5520.
- Chen, G. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 12748-12752.
- Yuan, Z. M. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 3799-3802.
- Kitao, H. and Yuan, Z.M. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48944-48948.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4526 Phospho-ATM (Ser1981) (10H11.E12) Mouse mAb
- 2873 ATM (D2E2) Rabbit mAb
- 2862 c-Abl Antibody
- 3181 Phospho-CrkL (Tyr207) Antibody
- 3491 Phospho-CrkII (Tyr221) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.