Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) Antibody #3426
|W||H M R (Mk)||Endogenous||19, 20||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Stathmin (Ser38) Antibody detects endogenous levels of stathmin protein only when phosphorylated at Ser38.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser38 of human stathmin. Antibodies are purified using protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Stathmin is a ubiquitously expressed microtubule destabilizing phosphoprotein that is upregulated in a number of cancers. The amino terminus of the protein contains multiple phosphorylation sites and is involved in the promotion of tubulin filament depolymerization. Phosphorylation at these sites inactivates the protein and stabilizes microtubules. Ser16 phosphorylation by CaM kinases II and IV (1,2) increases during G2/M-phase and is involved in mitotic spindle regulation (3,4). Ser38 is a target for cdc2 kinase (5) and TNF-induced cell death gives rise to reactive oxygen intermediates leading to hyperphosphorylation of stathmin (6). EGF receptor activation of Rac and cdc42 also increases phosphorylation of stathmin on Ser16 and Ser38 (7). Other closely related family members are neuronally expressed and include SCG10, SCLIP, RB3 and its splice variants RB3' and RB3''. Stathmin and SCG10 have been shown to play roles in neuronal-like development in PC12 cells (8).
- Marklund, U. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Biochem. 225, 53-60.
- le Gouvello, S. et al. (1998) J. Immunol. 161, 1113-1133.
- Mistry, S.J. and Atweh, G.F. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 31209-31215.
- Gavet, O. et al. (1998) J. Cell Sci. 111, 3333-3346.
- Luo, X. N. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 10312-10318.
- Vancompernolle, K. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 33876-33882.
- Daub, H. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 1677-1680.
- Di Paolo, G. et al. (1996) J. Cell. Biol. 133, 1383-1390.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3353 Phospho-Stathmin (Ser16) Antibody
- 3352 Stathmin Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.